The mission of the Internal Audit Unit is to provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the Assembly’s operations. The Unit helps the Assembly accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
OPERATIONS OF INTERNAL AUDIT UNIT
The scope of Internal Audit Unit is to determine whether the Assembly network of risk management, control and governance process, as designed and represented by management, is adequate and functioning in a manner to ensure:
- Risk are appropriately identified and managed.
- Interaction with various governance groups occurs as needed.
- Significant financial, managerial, and operating information is accurate, reliable and timely.
- Employee’s actions are in compliance with policies, standards, procedures, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Resources are acquired economically, used efficiently, and protected adequately.
- Programs, plans and objectives are achieved.
- Quality and continuous improvement are fostered in the Assembly’s control process.
- Significant legislative or regulative issues impacting the Assembly are recognized and addressed properly.