Functions And Responsibilities Of The Budget Unit
The functions and responsibilities of the Budget Unit are to:
- Commit the Assembly to spend within certain limits through the generation of warrants
- Routine field inspection of projects sites to physically assess the level of work executed against certificates presented by contractors
- Contribute to the formulation and implementation of the Municipal Assembly’s economic policies, through the provision of policy advice to the Spending Officer
- Co-ordinate the formulation and preparation of the Assembly’s medium-term and annual Budgets and assist the Spending Officer prepare the Economic and Financial Statement of the Assembly
- Implement the annual Budget, in conjunction with the Finance Department of the Assembly
- Contribute to the mobilization of internal and external resources
- Allocate the Budget financial resources efficiently, effectively and rationally to Departments and Units.
- Account for all the Assembly’s Revenues and Expenditures under the Unit’s control or purview and undertake efficient and effective monitoring
- Provide guidance to Departments and Units in the preparation, implementation and monitoring of expenditures and revenues
- Lead the development and implementation of designated Budget and financial management reforms
- Maintain and improve the human resource, asset base and institutional management capacity of the Unit.
- Stakeholders engagement in Budget Preparation and Annual Fee-Fixing Resolution